- YOU will positively impact a student’s life
- YOU contribute to your community. Pay it forward!
- You and your mentee will gain self-development and personal growth
- Help a student develop skills to be successful in college and career
Round Rock ISD Needs Mentors!
We have more than 400 students, Pre-K through grade 12, that are in need of a mentor.
Your mentorship can make a significant difference in the life of a student. Volunteer today!
Students who have a mentor*...
- Have better attendance
- Show improved attitudes toward school
- Gain confidence and abilities to make positive life choices
Bruce, Mary. Bridgeland, John. “The Mentoring Effect”. 2014.
Herrera, Carla. DuBois, David L. Grossman, Jean. “The Role of Risk”. 2013
Getting together with your mentee
- Meet your student mentee virtually for 30 minutes a week, during the official school year.
- Virtual mentoring allows you to meet your student online from anywhere.
- You’re building a relationship: Share your interests, experience and wisdom. Build skills for success. Support student growth toward personal goals. Celebrate their success!
Rebekah Van Ryn
Coordinator, Student Support and Mentoring
Mentors serve an integral role in Round Rock ISD by serving our students’ social and emotional needs. Thank you for donating your time and energy to ensure our students have a positive and encouraging influence in their lives.
“You have no idea the joy they bring to my life. I am thankful to be a part of their lives.”