- Only 30 minutes a week during the school year
- Free training classes for all mentors
- Coach, share and encourage a student
- Unlock your own potential
- Note: All returning and new mentors need to complete the 2019-20 Volunteer Application before working with mentees. Once mentors have passed the background check, campus mentor coordinators will begin matching mentors with students.
- Click on the “Employment Opportunities” link
- Select tab 3 (“By Job Family”)
- Select the last link (“Volunteer – 1 Job”)
Mentors serve an integral role in Round Rock ISD by serving our students’ social and emotional needs. Thank you for donating your time and energy to ensure our students have a positive and encouraging influence in their lives.
The Round Rock ISD Student Mentoring Program is a school-based program for students who would benefit from the positive influence of a mentor.
Mentoring a student is a way for community members and businesses to share their time and talents. When you volunteer as a mentor, you not only discover new things about yourself but you provide direction and serve as a positive force in the lives of students. There are many ways to mentor in RRISD!
- Reading with elementary students
- Mentoring pairs of elementary students
- Serving as a college & career mentor for middle school and high school students
- Teaching soft skills associated important for future success
- Speaking to middle school and high school students about careers and life successes
Information regarding RRISD Mentoring Training Sessions will be posted in late September.
Lora Darden, Executive Director of Future Readiness
or Margie Davis, Executive Assistant of Future Readiness